Do you have a creative spirit and the desire to work with seniors? Mercy Circle is seeking a positive, friendly individual to work part-time helping coordinate social events and activities to keep residents active, engaged and connected.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, friendly and have excellent communication and organizational skills. The Activity Assistant reports to the Activity Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in planning and implementing activities that enrich the physical, cognitive, social and spiritual lives of residents
- Coordinating and monitoring visitations for residents and their families
- Encouraging and motivating resident participation in small group activities and programs
- Serving as a positive presence in the lives of residents and their families
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience in activities programs at a long-term care community
- Experience engaging residents with dementia preferred
- Ability to complete assessments and other required documentation to ascertain best choices for residents’ participation in the activities program
- Enjoy working as part of a team to arrange, organize and assist with activities such as holiday and birthday celebrations, social events, community outings and exercise programs
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in caring for seniors
- Maintain confidentiality of resident information
- Willing to work a flexible schedule which includes some evening hours, weekends and holidays
Typical Hours (flexibility required)
- Sundays, 9:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 11:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
40+ hours per bi-weekly pay period
- Employee coverage for medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employer paid life insurance
- 403b retirement plan with employer discretionary contribution and matching
- Education reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus
- Paid time off including vacation and sick time
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid awards the top ranking, 5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.