Are you an EMT or Medical Assistant looking for extra income and a rewarding opportunity? If so, you can play an important role is mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and continuing well-established protocols to protect the health and safety of seniors and staff in our community.
Mercy Circle is seeking a qualified EMT or Medical Assistant to oversee our weekly mandatory employee COVID-19 testing. This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing test kit material inventory and ordering supplies for ongoing COVID-19 testing
- Creating and circulating employee reminders regarding mandatory COVID-19 testing
- Providing detailed instructions to employees to ensure proper testing
- Completing data entry including employees’ demographic information and insurance information
- Supervising self-administered specimen collections and ensuring proper handling, storing and shipping
- Communicating and recording daily testing results
- Must be a current Medical Assistant (Diploma or Certificate) or EMT (License Required)
- Previous long-term-care experience preferred
- Willing and able to adhere to strict COVID safety protocols
- Available to meet position schedule requirements
- Sundays, 12 p.m.–4 p.m.
- Mondays, 7:45 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 7:45 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
40+ hours per bi-weekly pay period
- Employee coverage for medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employer paid life insurance
- 403b retirement plan with employer discretionary contribution and matching
- Education reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus
- Paid time off including vacation and sick time
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.