Mercy Circle is seeking a qualified Director of Plant Operations to manage facility maintenance, security, transportation and housekeeping staff and their functions to meet operating requirements, financial goals and resident needs. This full-time, benefit-eligible leadership role reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the operations and maintenance of the facility including
- Mechanical systems
- Grounds maintenance
- General facility maintenance for corrective, emergency and preventative maintenance work
- Other assigned maintenance operations such as building renovations and space planning
- Administering and managing a computerized work order system
- Developing and managing the budgets, in collaboration with the Executive Director, for
- Building maintenance
- Capital expenses
- Other facility needs
- Managing maintenance, housekeeping, security and transportation employees with the following duties
- Completing performance reviews
- Managing disciplinary procedures
- Conducting training programs for staff to ensure a safe work environment and compliance with OSHA, federal, state and local regulations
- Serving as a chairperson for the Safety Committee
- Serving as a member of the facility leadership team and QAPI committee
- Participating in the Manager on Duty rotation
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facility Management or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years facility management experience in a healthcare setting
- Possess knowledge of and comply with all current versions of codes, standards and practices generated by regulatory agencies
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and be on call 24/7 in the event of an urgent situation
- Possess a demonstrated knowledge of a variety of trades such as electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, etc., a plus
- Experience participating in emergency preparedness activities
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance policy
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability policy
- 403b retirement savings plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
All new employees of Mercy Circle must be fully vaccinated before they start their first day of employment.
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.