(Full-Time; 32 hours per week)
At Mercy Circle, the Life Enrichment Coordinator will develop programming that encompasses all facets of an individual’s well-being: physical, social, intellectual, artistic and spiritual. That includes activities in and outside of the community. This person will be implementing and following scheduled programs of activities for elderly residents and incorporating an understanding of the Mercy Circle mission and values into workplace performance.
- Minimum experience of one year in Life Enrichment and/or senior activities at a senior living or skilled nursing facility
- Previous experience with planning resident programs
- Exemplify and be an influential team player
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess good time management and organizational skills
- Remain flexible and adaptable
- Work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations
- Express compassion for residents, staff and guests on a consistent basis
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employer paid life insurance policy
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability policy
- 403b retirement plan with employer discretionary contribution and matching opportunities
- Education reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus
- Paid time off for vacation and illness
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.