Mercy Circle is seeking a detail-oriented individual to serve as the MDS Coordinator. This full-time, benefit-eligible leadership role coordinates completion and review of the MDS. The MDS Coordinator reports to the Director of Nursing and will directly work with the IDT team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountability for the coordination, accuracy and completion of the Minimum Data Set (MDS), assessments and individualized resident care plans that facilitates a holistic approach to resident care
- Organizing, directing and coordinating the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process to include MDS, CAAS, Care Plans and demonstrating an understanding of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- Supervising the total process and tracking the MDS/PPS documentation and transmission; will be involved in the clinical management of all patients
- Monitoring the nursing staff for effective implementation of individual care plans, ensuring proper and required documentation of care, and providing training as needed
- Maintaining ICD-10 codes for current diagnosis
- Performing other tasks as directed by management
- Associate degree in nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license in Illinois
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in MDS/PPS and RAI process
- Knowledge of state, federal and local regulations
- Current AAPACN Certification preferred, but not required
- Current CPR Certification
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Possess an advanced working knowledge of OBRA, IDPH and IDPA
- Possess an advanced working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- Three medical plans to choose from (high-level PPO, mid-level PPO and HDHP)
- Metlife Dental
- VSP Vision Plan
- Employer-provided short- and long-term disability coverage
- Employer-provided life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer discretionary contribution and matching
- Education reimbursement program
- Paid time off including vacation and sick time
All new employees of Mercy Circle must be fully vaccinated before they start their first day of employment.
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.