At Mercy Circle, the receptionist serves as a member of the administrative support team who welcomes and conveys hospitality to all visitors, guests, Sisters and employees who enter our campus.
This person handles all incoming calls and performs general administrative duties including coordinating schedules, maintenance requests, and the managing the care and use of meeting rooms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operating telephone system to receive incoming calls and directing them to appropriate parties
- Accurately taking and conveying messages in a timely manner
- Greeting and directing all visitors
- Performing general administrative duties including preparing routine memos, correspondence, reports and other documents, as requiredv
- Entering maintenance requests in Worxhub system
- Routinely checking incoming fax transmissions and delivering documents, as needed
- Fulfilling resident requests for assistance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one+ years of previous receptionist experience, preferably in healthcare
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to write professional memos, correspondence and reports
- Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Publisher
- Ability to type 50+ words per minute; typing test administered on-site
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
To be reviewed based on full-time and part-time positions available
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking, 5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.