Mercy Circle seeks a compassionate and dedicated individual who has experience helping residents who have dementia. This individual must possess strong person-centered care instincts and skills, and demonstrate warmth, hospitality and compassion in all interactions. Becoming a Resident Care Assistant affords a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and training in the healthcare field.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting residents with activities of daily living
- Personal hygiene such as bathing, oral hygiene, nail care and grooming
- Feeding, toileting and repositioning if a resident is confined to bed or a wheelchair
- Escorting residents to and from Mass, meals and activities
- Performing light housekeeping and laundry duties
- Conducting and participating in activities with residents
- Reporting changes in residents’ condition to charge nurse
- Completing a communication log at the end of each shift
- Participating in department and all staff meetings, as required
- Completing required education and training, as required
- Performing other duties assigned by nurse and manager
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience with the geriatric population
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, as scheduled
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current CPR Certification preferred
- 4:00pm to 8:00pm (Three to four days per week)
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.