At Mercy Circle, a utility worker is responsible for the sanitation of all kitchen and dining room dishes and containers. This person assists with delivery meals to dining rooms and organizing the dining room for daily meals and special events. During peak hours, a utility worker also assists in other tasks in the kitchen. Utility workers report to the director or manager of dining services.
- Cleans dishes from dining room and kitchen
- Sanitizes boxes, sweeps and mops floors, empties trash bins
- Assists with dining room and kitchen production
- Stocks food in storage areas, assists with food rotation to ensure freshness
- Practices consistently essential sanitation procedures, especially hand washing, proper food storage and temperature control for food items
- Cleans and sanitizes utensils and food preparation areas after each use according to policy
- Practices safety, infection control and emergency procedures according to Mercy Circle’s policies
- Acts with courtesy, consideration and cooperation when communicating with residents, team members and visitors
- Previous server experience required
- Current Food Handler Certification
- Exceptional customer service
- Must be flexible and able to work AM and PM shifts, weekends and holidays
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking, 5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.