Mercy Circle is seeking a nurse who places a high value on taking a wholistic approach to caring for residents as well as managing details to document their care. In addition to providing direct services for residents, this full-time, benefits-eligible leadership role requires managing and supervising other nursing staff serving residents. The Assisted Living Clinical Manager reports to the Director of Nursing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations for residents of the 44-apartment assisted living wing
- Providing direct supervision to nurses and nursing assistants in their daily roles, tasks and provision of care
- Ensuring the assisted living wing meets all guidelines and regulations mandated for licensed beds by the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Ensuring high quality of healthcare and services to residents to meet their needs by adhering to the professional standards of nursing
- Operating within budget, staffing at levels within budget; monitoring and controlling expenses; tracking and recording supplies and other items that are chargeable to residents
- Participating in the annual State of Illinois survey process to ensure compliance and best practices for clinical outcomes for assisted living residents
- Educating residents, families and staff about self-care opportunities to improve residents’ well-being and how to manage chronic or periodic conditions as needed
- Assessing prospective residents as part of the pre-admission process to determine the best setting for them at Mercy Circle
- Developing and regularly updating service plans for assisted living residents
- Hiring, training and staffing clinical employees and managing the assisted living wing
- Providing on-call support to staff on a 24/7 basis
- Current valid LPN or RN license in the State of Illinois
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Five years previous experience in nursing
- Minimum of two years prior experience in leadership role in assisted living
- Dementia training and experience a plus
- Knowledge of Illinois State, Federal, Cook County and City of Chicago regulations
- Current CPR Certification
- Computer proficiency
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employer paid life insurance policy
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability policy
- 403b retirement plan with employer discretionary contribution and matching opportunities
- Education reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus
- Paid time off for vacation and illness
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.