At Mercy Circle, the cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, in addition to Mercy Circle established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by their supervisor to assure quality food service is provided at all times.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing menus prior to preparing food
- Preparing meals in accordance with planned menus and following standardized recipes while meeting production schedules and sanitation standards
- Assisting in establishing foodservice production line and other procedures to assure meals are prepared in a timely manner
- Serving and preparing food that is palatable and flavorful in accordance with established portion control procedures, therapeutic diet needs, standardized recipes and special dietary needs of residents while using only authorized food substitutions when necessary
- Labeling all food products in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Ensuring safety and sanitary regulations and precautions are followed at all times
- Keeping a clean and orderly department environment and properly maintaining all necessary equipment and supplies
- Confirming food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Assisting in food preparation for special meals, for parties and other occasions
- Possess a passion for creating exceptional meal experiences
- The ability to follow and create flavorful menus and recipes while maintaining a sanitary environment.
- Current Food Handler and Serv Safe Certification required.
- Must be flexible and able to work AM and PM shifts, weekends and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employer paid life insurance policy
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability policy
- 403b retirement plan with employer discretionary contribution and matching opportunities
- Education reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus
- Paid time off for vacation and illness
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.