Mercy Circle is seeking a qualified individual to serve with a person already in place in a shared job position as a Coordinator for Liturgical and Spiritual Services. This position is for two full-time days per week or the equivalent of 15 hours weekly. The Coordinators function as a team and report to the Executive Director.
Approximately 75 percent of the residents of Mercy Circle are members of women’s religious congregations or clergy and 25 percent are lay persons.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing high quality liturgical services
- Enhancing the overall quality of liturgical planning and programming for liturgical celebrations
- Overseeing the administration of Mercy Chapel, a freestanding large chapel attached to Mercy Circle
- Must hold an undergraduate degree in theology, religious studies, pastoral ministry or pastoral studies from an accredited college or university
- Possess strong knowledge of Roman Catholic tradition
- Prior ministerial experience
- Ability to work on Saturdays
- January 2022
All new employees of Mercy Circle must be fully vaccinated before they start their first day of employment.
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.