Job Description for Registered Nurse (Temporary Full-Time Position; Approximately 12 Weeks)
At Mercy Circle, a Temporary Full-Time Registered Nurse is responsible for providing quality care and services and overseeing nursing assistants in our Skilled Nursing Care and Assisted Living Units. In addition, the Registered Nurse will be conducting nursing assessments; completing documentation; administering medications and treatments; and communicating with physicians, all in accordance with regulations and policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Adhering to state and federal rules and regulations concerning care delivery and assuring effective quality nursing care is provided to every resident
- Demonstrating ability to perform physical assessments through observation, inspection palpation, percussion and auscultation
- Maintaining current skills required for delivery of care
- Assuming responsibility for care interventions consistent with professional standards of care
- Keeping physicians and/or other healthcare professionals informed of the status and condition of resident
- Notifying physician and/or healthcare professionals immediately of significant changes
- Transcribing physician and/or other healthcare professionals’ orders appropriately and accurately
- Ensuring accurate documentation of all medical records, reporting forms and incident reports are posted on a timely basis
- Supervising CNAs; may supervise other nurses, including RNs
- Coaching, counseling and assigning associates to provide quality of care
- Scheduling hours, breaks and meal periods
- Demonstrating safe practices regarding residents’ comfort and safety
- Practicing and promoting adherence to facility safety codes
- Answering call lights promptly
- Maintaining a current knowledge of pharmacology
- Demonstrating knowledge of policies governing medication administration and documentation
- Demonstrating knowledge of drug reactions and sensitivities as well as nursing interventions
- Assuring narcotics are properly documented and managed
- Demonstrating working knowledge of infection control practices
- Establishing and maintaining positive interactions with external and internal constituents, including co-workers and direct reports
- Developing and implementing a plan of care for each resident
- Current IL license
- Current CPR certification
- Able to work weekends and holidays
6:00am to 2:30pm, 5 days per week, including rotating weekends and holidays; 12-week assignment
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.