At Mercy Circle, servers work in restaurant-style dining rooms where residents order from menus. They are responsible for prompt and friendly attention as soon as residents and their guests are seated.
Servers are expected to learn the culinary preferences of residents. All servers are trained to place meal orders and them in a gracious and sanitary manner and to clear dishes and cutlery between courses.
After each mealtime, servers are expected to clean their station, refresh linens as needed and set places at each table for the next meal.
Servers report to the dining room manager who oversees their work to ensure the dining service team meets all guidelines and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Making sure their station and assigned tables are properly set and stocked before each meal
- Reviewing all new menus to be proficient in describing items
- Greeting residents and their guests as soon as they are seated, presenting menus for their review and pouring water and requesting beverage orders
- Taking residents’ meal orders and placing them with the kitchen staff
- Working with the kitchen expediter to ensure meals are properly garnished and promptly picked-up for serving diners
- Clearing glassware, dishes and cutlery between courses as necessary
- Assisting diners with to-go packing for leftovers they wish to take home
- Ensuring safety and sanitary regulations and precautions are followed at all times
- Confirming all place and table settings are ready for the next meal
- Assisting other servers when help is needed
- Setting up buffets and serving beverages and food at special events
- Previous experience in hospitality or healthcare environment
- Current Efood card
- Must be flexible and able to work AM and PM shifts, weekends and holidays
To be reviewed based on full-time and part-time positions available
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.