Mercy Circle seeks a dedicated individual to serve as a Social Worker for skilled nursing care and assisted living residents. This benefit-eligible team member, who is responsible for resident admissions, assessments and discharges, will work 25 hours per week.
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, this individual provides consultations, assessments and interventions for residents and families in need of emotional, psychological or social support. The Social Worker reports to the Resident Services Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing psychosocial and clinical assessments, interventions, evaluations, consultations and education for residents and their families as part of Mercy Circle’s guidance for a resident’s move through its comprehensive continuum of care
- Assessing cognitive capacity and emotional well-being using standard tools
- Providing information, support, counseling and referrals so residents and their families benefit from appropriate resources
- Understanding fundamentals of discharge planning and ability to work collaboratively with healthcare team, including nursing and physicians
- Coordinating pre-admission, admission, concurrent case management and discharge activities for rehab and skilled nursing care residents
- Implementing healthcare directives
- Facilitating timely and safe discharges that are appropriate for a resident’s level of care
- Discussing end of life and hospice care with residents and families
- Three years or more experience as a Social Worker in a long-term care community
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within and outside of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Flexible schedule to be available to meet the needs of residents and their families; some evening and weekend hours may be required
- Flexible work schedule of approximately 25 hours per week
40+ hours per bi-weekly pay period
- Employee coverage for medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employer paid life insurance
- 403b retirement plan with employer discretionary contribution and matching
- Education reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus
- Paid time off including vacation and sick time
Mercy Circle is an equal opportunity employer for all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or genetics. Mercy Circle is a drug-free workplace. All job candidates undergo background checks before they can start working.
Please contact Careers@MercyCircle.org if you have any questions or would like assistance completing our application process.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services awards the top ranking—5 stars for its overall rating and 5 stars for quality staffing—to Mercy Circle. This not-for-profit provides the full continuum of care from an independent living lifestyle to skilled nursing care and has a no-entrance-fee policy.
Sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Circle is the only faith-based retirement community on Chicago’s southwest side. Located at 3659 West 99th Street in Chicago, the campus features spacious residences at all levels of care, along with thoughtful amenities, life enrichment programs and social and friendship opportunities.